MilAl Hi-C Leadership Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wed and thurs 1timothy 4 & 5

4 posters

Go down

wed and thurs 1timothy 4 & 5 Empty wed and thurs 1timothy 4 & 5

Post  soojala Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Sorrry. I know, I did not do devotions. I am not gonna say that I forgot but I actually knew I was suppose to do devotions today but I put that aside and thought hanging out with my friends was more important.

This is not leadership and definitely what God deserves. I fully knew that when I dismissed doing devotions and left it aside.

I am sorry to you guys, the leadership team, myself and most importantly God.

1 Timothy 4- the message ironically parallels my fault

vs 8- For physical training is of some value, but godlinesss has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come

What I learnt: Physical, academical, sociable stuff has no value- it is the character, the nature of your relationship with God, your ChristianISM-- that has value, in this life where we live as human beings with a free will, an intellect and morals
and in the life to come- that determines who we will be in heaven and if we end up there as well

Sorry Leadership Team

Sincerly, Suji Won
soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

wed and thurs 1timothy 4 & 5 Empty 1 Timothy 4 (:

Post  julia Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:16 am

Hola Very Happy
Well what i learned from this passage is to "train yourself to be godly" to me this means to just follow Christ and try to do like he has done. And those handy bracelets of W.W.J.D are just a reminder to ask yourself if doing what you are doing is what Jesus would do if he were in the same situation.
Also to not be ashamed of who you are, like if your friends are doing something that you know is wrong and you feel uncomfortable just to not be afraid to take a step back and decline their offer. I know that i have done things that i regret a lot and could go back in time in a second to change that and to ask myself would our Lord do the same at this time?
I kinda feel my devotion has nothing to do with this topic but thats what i feel right now alien HAHAHA

Anyways, TOTALLY EXCITED about our leadership trip coming up Very Happy Very Happy

Juria, lol!
julia
julia

Back to top Go down

wed and thurs 1timothy 4 & 5 Empty Re: wed and thurs 1timothy 4 & 5

Post  andy Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:11 am

hey guys!
ya suji everybody, including me missed yesterday..i guess it happens from time to time.

here it is:
1 timothy 4

what i learned:
I think that in the first part on the passage, Paul is saying for us to be strong in our faith, as there will be times that it will be tested and tempted. Next part seems to be saying serve God, even though there might be obstacles and things that try and stop you during the way. I think this verse is key for us: "don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example..." even though we might be young people serving God we shouldn't let age be a factor in serving God.

what i will do:
in order to keep my faith strong and healthy, i will devote time to spend with God. I will try and not let anything get in the way of serving God.

andy

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:39 am

Not just you Suji, I too am to blame for not doing my devotions.
Let's just make that prayer to God about it and to try not to repeat it again.

The first couple of verses almost serve like a warning or what-not to precaution us to ensure that we will not be deceived by the evil spirits that are not the truth, who is God. Like Andy said, Paul is conveying the message to us that we should be strengthening our faith. Like Sam discussed, there may be times where we doubt, and possibly may arise some "tests" at his disposal. He wants us to see if we have 100% faith, or not 100%.

The rest of this passage, from my perspective, shows that everything else other than our relationship and fellowship with God is just something that shimmers and fades as time passes. But our everlasting relationship with God will never fade away, forever long.

On verse thirteen and fifteen, I think this is the main reason of why we come to this forum:

"Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching."

"Be dilligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."

- I can relate to this; we must ensure that all of us leaders do our devos (and this is probably one primary thing that we can all relate to!~)

Our Lord, in essence, wants us to live and develop in a powerfully spiritual way. I think that devotions help us to reflect ourselves on a daily basis with the Lord, and they help with our relationship. If our relationship breaks, everything will break eventually. That is why we love God; to come closer; to love in spirit and in truth. Remember, in verse eight,

...but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

This is what I have learned today. I too am sorry to the entire leadership team by failing. But I have realized my consequence and will work harder.

In Christ,

~Julian Park.
julian
julian

https://www.youtube.com/user/koreanhendrix93

Back to top Go down

Post  soojala Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:43 am

In chapter 5- the one verse that stood out to me in the whole chapter
was vs 22
- " Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure. "

To me this verse epitomizes the profound meaning of this chapter.

That we should not hurry to comfort, to beside the side of those who are widows, elders and so on- but be careful and to not be mixed in their sins (lust, drugs, alcoholism. etc)

We should be patient and slow so that we may maintains our purity.
I pray that when the Native Missions Team, Leadership Team, Praise Team, Teachers, Sam- that when we serve in God's name- we will be careful, not rushed and maintain our purity- so in the end we will be helping others in God's name and be growing in our relationship with God as well.

Smile
soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 pm

1 Timothy 5:

As the title can imply, this passage briefly talks about the advice of elders, widows, and slaves. Unfortunately, there is not as much of what I can relate to in this chapter.

But one thing that stood out to me is:

"If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediately family, he has denied the faith and is no worse than an unbeliever."

I have to remember to continue to thank my parents for caring for me on a daily basis. They provide to me in many ways - in assistance of financial needs; in assistance of say, teachings; health care; everything nearly. Rather than provide for myself eventually, I must provide to my entire family; doing this would lead to the denial of faith.

Also, I think that verse sixteen outlines what the definition of what a church is. I realize this was intended for the widows, but I think that if anyone in our ministry is targeted in any means, we should definitely assist that person, and to share the same pain and suffering that they may be enduring. Sometimes, we are not able to realize that, especially when we do not notice that it is actually happening. We are a church - a community that is willing to serve God and to love each other in the Lord. If we do not help even one person, we are not giving our 100% to God.
julian
julian

https://www.youtube.com/user/koreanhendrix93

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum