MilAl Hi-C Leadership Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11

+2
julia
soojala
6 posters

Go down

July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11 Empty July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11

Post  soojala Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:33 am

Wassup! Please post before 11pm or you will have one strike! Three strikes and bad news from Sam Chung.
Joseph will be checking the boys and I will be checkign the girls.
Please if you have any questions, doubts, prayer requests or encouragements- post them here!
Love and peace!
soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11 Empty Warning Against False teachers of the Law:)

Post  julia Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:37 am

1 Timothy 1:3-11
This passage talks about false teachers of God and how they are making up stories and myths and sharing that to other people. That all these people do not know what they are talking about and should always stay with God. Its says that these people would like to be teachers of the law but are talking about things that are not true.
So do these people that are teaching false information have good intentions when saying all of these things? Is it that they just do not know what they are saying, but still believe and have faith in God? Or are they deliberatly trying to teach "false doctrines" to further sabotage God's faith with them and others?

As we are going through Faith and talking about are faith with God, I think this is a good passage towards us right now as to how we should just stay true to our faith with God and not wander away. To never leave him but stay true.

Juria. lol!
julia
julia

Back to top Go down

July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11 Empty Re: July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11

Post  Joseph Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:54 am

Wuddup.

Timothy 1:5

"The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good consicence and a sincere faith"

I have pretty much have the same idead what julia talked about. Faith is so important. We all need faith in order to have a relationship with God. To have faith, you need to have love, which leads to pure heart. As it says in verse 5, it mentioned about love, pure heart, and faith. Faith is also trust, belief, but remember it is also love.

In the bible it also mentioned a faith as small as a mustard seed is same thing of having faith big as tree. Small faith and big faith doesnt matter, its either having 100% faith or o% faith. We all believe in God 100% not 99%. So we should also have full faith in God, and not little faith.

AMEN.......
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11 Empty Re: July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11

Post  julian Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:59 am

1 Timothy 1:3-11: Warning Against False Teachers of the Law

Note: If I may be wrong in my synopsis, feel free to correct me. Smile

Paul urges Timothy to reside in Ephesus to stop teaching mythological stories, and to not have faith in anything that is not the Lord. These preachers may not have any idea of what they are sharing, and so their preaching does not reflect the true meaning of honesty, as the Lord is the truth and the life.

Now, in verse seven, the bible states that these false preachers wish to be teachers of the law. But, if their words can be seen as falsified or even deceitful, can they truly use the law properly to make it seen as good? Can these false preachers use the law for how God intended to use it?

Going back to what Julia mentioned, are they deliberately trying to sabotage the kingdom of heaven by preaching falsified information? Otherwise, what good does this false preaching have if it is truly false?

God's work is done all by faith: faith is simply believing without seeing, almost like a form of trust. We either believe in God, or we do not, correct? We cannot mention, "I SORTA believe in God." I believe that strengthening our faith will bring us closer to God, which will allow us to live in nothing but the truth. Anything preached that is not of the Lord is false. Therefore, we must not be false, by being everlastingly close to God, no matter how the situation may appear as, we should never separate from God; look at the result in relation to Genesis, the primary consequence of Adam and Eve's actions.

So, to sum up, stay with God, because he is the truth and the life. We live by faith and not by sight for him, right? (Note that some of this was related to a song I remember).

Amen.

~In Christ,

- Julian P.
julian
julian

https://www.youtube.com/user/koreanhendrix93

Back to top Go down

July 22,Wednesday- 1 Timothy 1:3-11 Empty 9= We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels

Post  soojala Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 am

One verse that really stood out to me was verse 9
We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious;for those whoe kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

I learned that we don't have to be paranoid of being obedient of the law. The law are for sinners but the ten commandments are for the followers of Jesus. The law is not always beneficial to society but has its loopholes that allow murderers, perverts and liars prevail. God does not have loopholes but is fair and concrete in his teachings, blessing the good and punishing the evil.

SOOJALA Shocked

soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:53 am

hey guys first post!!!
here are the goods:

what i learned:
I think v6 struck me the best. "some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk." If we turn away from a pure heart, a good conscience and sincere faith, that is the moment where everything we do becomes meaningless. We have to try our best not to wander from what we have learned and talked about.

what i will do:
I will try my best not to wander away from God, this means being in the word, talking and praying to God and just spending more time growing my faith.

andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey guys this is victors devotion. He coundt post it for some reason so he sent it to, but affortunatly i just got the email.

What he learned:

talks about false teachers and how they teach false things to the people. people wandering away from the faith and still wanting to teach, which is pretty dumb becuase if they dont know enough and have strong faith to stay within the faith, y teach it? it also talks about how the law is made for the law breakers and rebels instead of the righteous. yea its kinda short, but its all that came to me and hard for me to put my thoughts into word form =p
victor
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  esther Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:40 am

my internet was NOT working when i got home,
it was saying 'local only' ..what a coincidence Neutral

Warning Against False Teachers of the Law
1 TIMOTHY 1:3-11

v4 "These promote controversies rather than God's work-which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith"

In the first passage talked about spreadig the Word inappropraitely. When we dont grow in faith or we start to slip further away from God, we tend to slip away from his path/such as beliving more in proving miracles with science. we must continue to educate ourselves in learning about god and teaching others the correct meanings of the bible and God's word.

v8 "We know that the law is good if one uses it properly"

The second half was a bit overwehelming for me. It talked about how the law was not meant for people who were the righteous but for those who commited 'great' crimes. When i was reading out the list of crimes, some of them were stuff we commited as well, even though were christians; like liars. So during those times it was considered 'unholy' but now it's accepted and not really thought of? Are more and more crimes being accpeted because time are changing? Rolling Eyes I dont really think so. The things that dont seem as bad like lying to murdering are actually on the same level. A sam said before in his sermons, sin is sin. There is no ranks that sin is catogorized in, we must differentiate the laws made in this world, and the laws made by god.

have a great day guys!
can i post the same devo in the native missions forums?

esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down