MilAl Hi-C Leadership Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MONDAY 1 Timothy 2

5 posters

Go down

MONDAY 1 Timothy 2 Empty MONDAY 1 Timothy 2

Post  soojala Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:30 am

vs11-15- unclear to me

vs 14-"And ADam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner"
- true Eve sinned FIRST however Adam failed to inform her that she was not suppose to eat a fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.

Eve sinned b/c of Satan and Adam's failure
Adam sinned b/c of Satan and Eve

goes both way, in today you can see it like this
Women dress inappriately b/c of Satan and man's definition of what is attractive
Men commit lust b/c of Satan and women dressing inappriateley, causing some impulsive stuff

not gonna lie- I was confused reading this and am probably gonna ask Pauline about this passage.
and I think Paul's message parallels the situtation and thought of women at time.

LATES!
soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

MONDAY 1 Timothy 2 Empty Re: MONDAY 1 Timothy 2

Post  Joseph Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:23 am

WUDDUP!

The native mission team is leaving soon for missions, and we need your prayers. So please pray for us, thnx.

1 Timothy 2

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness"

I found this passage all about worship. Worship leads to request, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving as it says in the passage. And while we worship it leads to peace, and holiness. Worship is so powerful, it seems pretty similar with praying. Because your commicating with God. When we worship we sing, share the gospel and pray. But before we do worship, we would usually pray first right. Sam, mentioned during meets that we should always pray before we do anything during the day because prayer comes first. And sometimes if we pray last we might run out of time. But we still pray at the end, which is good. So going back to worship. When we worship god is telling us to be happy when we worship, and remember who we worship, and why. Worship is something that will endure forever.

AMEN........................
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

MONDAY 1 Timothy 2 Empty Instructions on Worship(:

Post  julia Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 am

yo washup:)
1 Timothy 2
This chapter to me talks a lot about prayer (and also faith) first i think it's saying that not to make prayers selfish, to pray for other's peace and lives more than your own needs.
verse 9 i feel is saying that God doesn't need for you to come and be in amazing expensive clothing and jewelery but to be yourself and just come to praise Him.
For verses 11-15 reading it as a girl, i kind of found it a tad awkward when it's kind of telling what woman can and cannot do, i was kinda of insulted in a way. Although i know what it's trying to say, couldn't they have put it in a nicer form? HAHAHA Laughing
As in the passage title says "instructions in worship" i've learned that you don't need to impress God or the church with what money you have or the maternal(is that what that word is?) things you own but to just come straight up yourself and just put your best foot forward entering a place of worship. As a girly to just let the man of the house have authority that that's his job.

lol!
Juria.
julia
julia

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:04 am

Hey guys, I hope your days are going by good.

1 Timothy 2 - Instructions on Worship:

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

I think that what God is trying to convey to us in this passage is that worship is to be made for all of us; to live in peace, not chaos; to live in the truth, not of lies.

We are called to worship not because we have to, but because we choose to. No one, from my perspective, can be technically "forced" to worship God, because he gave us choice; there must have been a precise reason of why he put the tree of knowledge of good and evil, correct? God did it because he wanted us to have choice, not to force us into living a sinless life. But as a result of human temptation, from that moment onward, we broke the cord between us and God.

Verse Eight: "I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing."

This goes back to what I discussed just now. He does not want us to be angered in worship. Worship should be done with your 100% heart with its attention to only one - God. If we arrive to church thinking that we don't care about God, I don't think he wishes us to be part of the service, as worship should be done, as the verse says, "with holy hands; without anger or disputes."

But that is not all. From what I can say, if Jesus was not crucified, then I feel that worship would be meaningless; that is why verse five is essentially the reason of it. Without that change, we would be worshiping a God that would not take us to heaven, but to hell any day; we would continue to sacrifice numerous animals for each sin one commits.

So, if Jesus did not die for our sins, our action of worship, in my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong), would be essentially meaningless. However, since it did occur, we were saved, and now have knowledge of the truth (verse 4). We should continue to worship; continue to offer devotion; and to continue praising the Lord.

~Julian.
julian
julian

https://www.youtube.com/user/koreanhendrix93

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 am

hey guys!
repost..did this on saturday!

here it is..

what i learned:

"who wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth" that was the key part for me today. We know that God desires for people to be saved, but it is just upon them to make the decision to. We know that God has only chosen certain people to be said, as stated in the notes, it kind of contradicts itself?? I was kind of confused about this..But the main thing is that we know that God WANTS to save people.

what i will do:

i think that since God wants to save people, we can do his will, God will strengthen and give us wisdom as we preach the gospel to someone. I will not be shy and timid to share the gospel with anyone

andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down