MilAl Hi-C Leadership Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul

+3
Joseph
andy
soojala
7 posters

Go down

July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul Empty July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul

Post  soojala Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 am

Hey everyone. Sorry for the ugly site but have no fear, Soojala is here! (working on it)
Ahemm, anyways upload some avatars dudes and dudettes and don't be afraid to use colour!

The praise team all use one colour- BORRRIIINGGG
WE WILL USE DIFFERENT COLOURS AND BE UNIQUE!!

That is all. As you were.
soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul Empty Re: July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul

Post  andy Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:33 am

ello everybody!
can anyone let me know if there is a meeting tomorrow?

here it IS:

what i learned:

I learned that God has unlimited amounts of mercy, grace and patience towards us, even towards the worst of us. This truly shows how much love he has for us, and it is just bottomless and limitless. The thing is that we cannot abuse this love from God, we cant test nor just take it for granted, it is something that we must cherish and value. Also it does state that even the old Paul was shown mercy and grace by God, even though he persecuted and killed thousands of Christians. This shows that all of us, no matter how bad we are, will always be shown mercy at the hands of God.

what i will do:

I will not test God, ill have complete faith in him. I will not take anything for granted that comes from God, as it is things that we do not deserve at all. I will know that i can go to God and ask him for mercy anytime and for anything that i have done.

andy

Back to top Go down

July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul Empty Re: July 23, Thursday; 1 Timothy 1:12-20- The Lord's Grace to Paul

Post  soojala Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:37 am

In regards to Esther's question

Well, are you guys doing the same book in Native Missions as the leadership team? if not
you must do your devotions of Timothy 1

if yes- then you may.
soojala
soojala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:12 am

Yo wuddup.
I hope ur weeks awesome.
Anyways this is what i learned from todays passage.

" The grace of our lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus"

So this passage is pretty similar from yesturdays. So today im going to add some more. As i read through the section i saw forgivness. Even though you sin and disobeyed god, the Lord will always forigive you. doesnt matter how big of the situation. All you have to do is ask forgivness. And when you ask for forgiveness for this particular reason, remember that your also making a promise too. SO if you ask for forgivness and you do the same sin again later on. Then whats the use for asking for forgivness? Think before you ask for anything.

Another thing i wanted to point out is, apologizing or saying sorry is completely different from asking for forgivness. Why, because people say sry only if there caught and they would probably do it again or unless they confess and apologize. Asking forgivness is something you know you did wrong and you need to ask god for forgivness. Remember dont only ask god for forgivenss but also other people. Do know wut i mean. So remember, every one need forgivness so do you.

AMEN...
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  esther Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:39 am

hey team! jocolor
how was everybody's day? mine wasnt so great, me and jen tried to bake sugar cookies
but they were all a failure, i guess baking's not our forte Wink

The Lord's Grace to Paul
1 TIMOTHY 12-20

v12&13 "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief"

I think most of this passage talks about thanking GOd and what god's grace means to Paul. When i was reading verse 13 it talked about God showing mercy to him even though he did these bad things, but it was okay because he acted in ignorance and unbelief? So if we commit sinful things on purpose rather than in ignorance we wont we shown mercy? I didnt really get that, but i think what Paul's trying to say, is that God shows his grace to us even though we sin against him and do bad things. His love for us is everlasting 'along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus (v14)'

It goes on saying how good is our GOd. It talked about in Paul's perspective, that even for the worst of sinners and those who think they dont deserve Jesus in their lives. But in fact, GOd is always willing and always trying to come into our worlds and show us his grace. His love for us is so great that the sins we commit are never an obstacle for him.

v17 "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen"

Have a great day e'erbody! tongue
and can't wait for MOOSEDEER MADNESS, yay cat

esther

Back to top Go down

Post  soojala Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 am

haha, cookies sound so good right now Smile Razz

From the passage I got the notion of...

Jesus came to save us/sinners
He did/does/still does this with patience, mercy, unmeasurable love and humility
that we as a result/reaction should parallel his teachings/ways because
we are undeserving/unworthy of such great love

Arrow with this salvation/gift from God, we should act as loving daughters and sons in Christ- no?
soojala
soojala
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 am

YO just wanted to point out, when we do are devos lets also read other peoples devotions because this way we can learn more in different way. And we can also comment on each others devos too..just to point out.

-thnx-
Joseph
Joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  seankim Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:19 am

1 TIMOTHY 1:12-20

"But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life."

This verse stood out to me, in this passage it is talking about our past, how we were before we didnt know Jesus Christ. I like this verse because it shows that GOD uses people who would not be expected to be used in such great ways. In the bible he uses tax collectors, fisherman and other low class citizens for such great accomplishments. I feel that we can be used for great things because GOD has so much patience for us, but we choose not to be used because we are either too selfish or lazy to do GODs work.

seankim

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:24 am

Before I share what I have learned today, I agree with Joseph's comment. We should see the other viewpoints that each and every one of us has shared on this topic. This way, we will be able to understand this topic in a greater perspective.

The spirit of the Lord's one and only son, Jesus Christ, comes to us; the sinners; the wrong-doers. Despite the fact that we may have sinned regardless, the love, grace, and mercy of the Lord shines down upon us.

I realize that no one in this earth is holy; no human, with the exception of Jesus Christ. The reason is clearly that we all sin. God realizes this, yet he still chooses to love us. However, some decide to turn to him - others do not.

In verse sixteen, I think this passage displays God's undefinable compassion. To think that he would show his humility and grace upon the unholiest of the unholy just astounds me.

I can say that God's love transcends all things. He doesn't care of the fact of how many sins that we do. Like Esther mentioned, sin is not an obstacle in his path. However, he does not wish for us to just sin and ask for forgiveness repeatedly. Like Joseph mentioned, asking for forgiveness or repenting is a means of making a promise between you and God. And I can say that for all of us that no matter how we ask for forgiveness, the real question is if you are willing to make that promise of not repeating the same mistake over and over. We learn from our mistakes to ensure that WE WILL NOT BE CARELESS.
julian
julian

https://www.youtube.com/user/koreanhendrix93

Back to top Go down

Post  julia Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 am

Hola~
OH-kayy,
so this passage talks about how Jesus came to us as we were great sinners to save us and our sinning. As we are all sinners still today it just shows how much love Jesus has for us (as well as patience) that he loved each and everyone of us that he died on the cross to give us eternal life.

I don't know about anyone else but it just shows how God loves us soo much, like i can't even explain. It just makes me want to love more and just always stand by my faith in the Lord.
lol!

Juriaa
julia
julia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down