MilAl Hi-C Leadership Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tues july,28th, 1 timothy 3:1-16

4 posters

Go down

tues july,28th, 1 timothy 3:1-16 Empty tues july,28th, 1 timothy 3:1-16

Post  andy Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 am

hey guys!
how are your weeks going?
3 more days of summer school left!!!
ere it is:

what i learned:
i kinda didn't learn much, other than the requirements and regulations for deacons and overseers. It's very straight forward, and i can clearly see the justification on all of the restrictions.

what i will do:
Since we are leaders this can apply to us as well. I think that we can mashup these 2 requirements together and put them for our leadership team. I will attempt to follow the rules and regulation for overseers and deacons.

andy

Back to top Go down

tues july,28th, 1 timothy 3:1-16 Empty Re: tues july,28th, 1 timothy 3:1-16

Post  soojala Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:53 am

thanks andy for posting today's topic!
Smile

Well. Pretty much this chapter for me was a message of how deacons and their wives should be like and behave.

Not that I am a deacon's wife I think I need to work on not being one of the "malicious talkers" and hopefully be able to be trustworthy in everything!!!

LATES
soojala
soojala
Admin

https://leadmilal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

tues july,28th, 1 timothy 3:1-16 Empty yo yo Tuesday's devo (;

Post  julia Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am

Hola elephant
This passage mainly talks about how people of Christ should live their lives in the household.
I think the only thing i can take out of this passage is my place as a girl slash future wife(?) in my house.
& of course more knowledge of how the men of the world should live aswell
Smile

Juria lol!
julia
julia

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 am

Thank goodness I still have time after I studied intensely for my exam. Very Happy

Anynow,
what I noticed prevalently in this passage was the way that God intended deacons, overseers, and their wives to live in certain ways; like Andy mentioned, its generally straight-forward.

What I can learn from this is to definitely take verse eight as a good example for now and for the future:

"Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain."

Especially in school, I admit that I struggle with trying to advance myself in front of my peers selfishly. If I really wish to live as if I were an overseer or deacon, I would have to promise myself to God to not commit academic dishonesty. This is one thing that I definitely must fix.
julian
julian

https://www.youtube.com/user/koreanhendrix93

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down